Friday, September 27, 2013

Project Autumn: Take Two


This blog has moved to a new home!! Come visit us at Capturing Inspirations at capturinginspirations.com!


I think we have finally turned a corner here in south Florida. Although the high is still 88 degrees, the humidity has dropped considerably and a breeze has kicked on. It feels incredible not to feel like I'm breathing in water as I go about my day. The dryer air has me feeling light and spirited and as if we are experiencing our very own change in the season.

Here are a few ways to continue that feeling by bringing some "fall" into your home (no matter when you live) with three effortless tips.


1) An Apple a Day

This one is so simple. Apples are the greatest reminder of fall (and maybe that teacher from middle school). Apple cider, apple crisp, apple butter, apple pie oatmeal (recipe coming soon), and just plain apples cut up for a snack with a drizzle of caramel. MMMMmmmmm. They are deliciously ripe and sweet this time of year and you must bring them into your kitchen and enjoy them. On a cooler evening, swap out your tea for some spiced cider. The aroma alone will make you feel warm and cozy! Still warm outside? Crank on the AC a few degrees cooler and cozy up with your blanket and mug of cider and you won't be able to keep yourself from smiling with satisfaction.  

2) The Great Pumpkin

This one seems like a no brainer, but of course it's worth mentioning. Pumpkin bread anyone? Nothing else sends me into autumn dreamland quite like the smell of pumpkin bread baking in the oven. I have a fantastic recipe to share with you...coming soon. 

(inspired by "Ten June" blog photo)



Decorating your home with little pumpkins in a clear vase is a simple & inexpensive idea.

Can you even believe all the pumpkin recipes out there on Pinterest? It's unbelievable!! I'm very motivated to try the "Pumpkin Spice sugar scrub." Seems like my skin and senses will be happy with that one. Pumpkins can really make it easy to get creative and enjoy those blissful memories of the beloved fall season.

3) Fall Leaves

If you live where Palm Trees grow instead of Maple, this one could be a bit tricky. However, you can always opt for store bought "leaves." They are not the real deal, of course, but they accomplish the same goal in decorating.

Better Homes & Garden Magazine Picture


I've been loving the 'leaves pressed in glass frames' for shelves or hanging décor. It adds a seasonal touch with the natural autumn colors. I plan to bring a few leaves back from Maine with me and try this craft. I will press as many as I can in my son's children's books and hope they make it back to Florida in tact.

Also, I must add, if you are looking for a fabulously handmade scarf, I highly recommend this newbie to Etsy CathCorner. She has been crafting and knitting for over thirty years and is fantastically talented. She is also my mother. I have been blessed of years of blankets, hats, mittens, scarves, and now baby blankets for my own children from this woman. She has mastered the infinity scarf and has taken my advice to open up a shop on Etsy. Check it out! You will be so glad you did!


Beautiful selection of colors to compliment any style
Handmade Crocheted Infinity Scarves on Etsy



If you missed my original post on this topic, see "Bringing Fall to Florida" and  "Make My Starbucks Latte, Hot Please" and get in on the autumn action wherever you are.
Got a Fall inspiration? Please share!
Comment below and let us know all your secrets!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Image by Arpi